Monday, July 7, 2008

Hope for the future of business, community and humanity...

Prior to watching the film WALL-E with my family the other day we laughed as the pre-movie commercials repeated themselves. "Someone isn't doing their job." my son said as we waited for the film to start. One of the commercials was the piece that Aicila mentioned in her post from The Foundation for a Better Life. It took a minute to realize that they weren't really advertising anything. It wasn't a commercial.

Further inquiry revealed an organization that is faceless, without product. They are the epitome of vision since that is their only product. They have a goal, it is to show models of life lived by a positive set of values. No religious overtone. No product placement to show a company being a responsible corporate citizen. No push to join something or to give anything. They just want people to listen.

You cannot donate to them. You cannot buy their posters or video spots. You can just hear what they say and add the concepts into your daily life. I want that. I want the work I do to be so widely beneficial. I hope that someday it can be. That is my dream.

No comments: